Thursday, December 29, 2005

HOLY SAMOLY!! DOLPHINS!!!




Tuesday December 27

Had a truly memorable day today when we left GTC for an afternoon cruise hoping to find a pretty anchorage to kayak and swim. Instead, we found DOLPHINS! We had given the girls a hydraphone to listen to underwater sounds and were amazed to hear the clicking and squeels of the dolphins - we even piped it into our boat stereo so we could hear the sounds as we were watching. We have hysterical video of the girls screaming every time they saw a dolphin and Jillie yelling HOLY SAMOLY! Made us crack up when we rewatched it that night over and over.
Doug

From Lexie
Today I saw a lot - and I mean a lot - of dolphins!!! I saw a lot of baby dolphins as well. They were coastal bottle nose dolphins - they looked brown from a distance but they were a really nice gray. On the hydraphone I heard clicks and once in a while squeels that hurt my ears! It was super fun to see dolphins!

From Jillian:
When I was on the boat and saw dolphins and I said HOLY SAMOLY! because I thought there was a dolphin right on the side of the boat! And then Lexie said "Dolphin Dolphin!" and I said "Where?" in a funny way and we saw baby dolphins too!

4 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, December 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Somoly back at you. I've just learned that GTC was where the British Loyalists gathered in the early 18th century. If this is the case, there must be some burried treasure close by. I would deplor the girls and their shovels. Also, is there a small uninhabited island called "Stocking Island", which is near Eluthra. There is supposed to be the most beautiful beach on this island. Lovin' the bottle nose dolphin photos. Nice job. Kiss the girls for me.
Love,
Uncle "Immy"

 
At 10:36 AM, December 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

I can't wait to read your new postings every morning. Click, Click, Click, Squeak !!(means Happy New Year in dolphin speak)

We miss you!!!
Love,
Sandi, Dave, JJ and Meena

 
At 6:39 PM, December 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Bayport, and Happy Almost New Year.
Love the photos. Been very busy with all kinds of overnight guests.
First my nice arrived from France. Then our dear friend Colleen flew in from the West Coast. Finaly, my nephew arrived on Sat. from Istanbul Turkey. THe kitchen project is coming along nicely and we hope to have it finished for you HOMECOMING. Tell Lexie that there is a new student in 3TN, his name is John and he's filling in for her until she get's back.
It looks as if you all are having a wonderful ADVENTURE. We Miss you dearly and are with you in SPIRIT. Happy NEW Year to you all. We'll be in touch. Kisses to all my girls. Dina

 
At 3:35 PM, December 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year's Eve!!! We will by at the Garcia's until after the ball drops in Times Square. We hope that you will get to watch a ball or conch or something drop to celebrate the New Year!!! Miss you guys!!!

Love,
Annie & Uncle Gery

 

Post a Comment

<< Home