Hopetown!!

January 10, 2006
We took a day trip from Marsh Harbour to Hope Town on Elbow Cay to visit Jim and Fay on Wanderer - the Pilgrim Trawler behind us in the anchorage. This picture was taken from the Hope Town Harbour Lodge where Grace's parents will be staying. We will be back to Hopetown soon to stay for a long visit. The harbour and town are the prettiest we have seen so far in Abaco, and the historic lighthouse still operates with a kerosene lantern floating on a pool of mercury! Lexie will be writing a complete photo essay of the light house as a school project when we visit it. More to come!

1 Comments:
OK, I'm officially jealous!! I just got back to the office after arguing with the Judge, and subsequently loosing, thereby having to pick a jury on a case that I've never handled. The case settled as we were picking.
But, these pictures are too gorgeous and the weather there looks wonderful. I must say, I've seen a ton of beautiful pictures of the Hope Town lighthouse, but the one you took ranks high up there!
Miss you all!!!
Love,
Annie
Post a Comment
<< Home