Monday, March 20, 2006

An update from our friends on Escape Velocity

You may recall our lengthy posts back in January about Bill, Nina and Katya Atherholt on Escape Velocity. We have been keeping in touch and just received a great email and pictures. They have arrived in Provo, Turks and Caicos. Bill and I had ventured off to do some bonefishing and had some great laughs regarding our lack of proficiency.

Bill forwarded these pictures asking if they were bonefish...I didn't have the heart to tell him that, no, they only look like blue marlin to me. Oh well Bill - maybe next time! Perhaps you should try the flats for the 5 pound bones instead of 10,000 feet of water for billfish! Nonetheless, I am jealous beyond comment.



Bill shows off his 'bonefish' - also known as a blue marlin. Caught on a 'cuban' reel - which is a simple handline. No rod and reel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home